Some homeowners would attempt to fix faulty electronic appliances or wires. While this can work, it's not advisable to DIY an electrical project especially when you don't have professional experience. For your and your family's safety, it's best to contact a licensed electrician to properly carry out the task.
When to Call an Electrician
Professionals are equipped with the right tools, skills, and experience to safely resolve electrical issues. Below are the top five reasons to call an electrician for your home.
1. To get an upgrade. How old is your electrical system? If it's more than 25 years old, we suggest getting an upgrade. When upgrading your system, only work with a certified electrician to ensure it's properly installed and to also prevent house fires and other problems.
2. The circuit breaker trips frequently. When the circuit breaker trips, it indicates that it's getting too much current than the electric grid can provide. Call an electrician to inspect the circuit breaker and resolve the problem.
3. Aluminum wiring. Are you aware that aluminum wires are 55 times more dangerous? This might lead to short circuits and house fires, if not corrected. For safety purposes, contact a certified electrician in your area to help you replace it.
4. Warm lighting switches. You may notice that the light switches get warm — this happens occasionally. However, when they are too warm and produce a light shock after touching them, we suggest contacting a certified electrician at the soonest possible time to inspect them. Don't ignore the problem but try not to resolve it on your own either. Only hire a certified electrician to avoid problems and to ensure the issue is resolved.
5. Higher electric bill. When your electric bills have suddenly skyrocketed, the culprit could be faulty lines or other issues. You need the help of a certified electrician to inspect your connections and fix the problem.
Contact a PowerMeans Electrician in Anne Arundel County
Do you have a need for a professional electrician? PowerMeans Electrical Contractors can help with residential or commercial electrical services. If you're looking for an electrician in Anne Arundel County, MD, and surrounding areas, give us a call at 443-343-2838 or complete our estimate form online for an appointment.